India is the Global Host of the World Environment Day this year and this years theme of World Environment Day is Beat Plastic Pollution.
- Reduce heavy burden of plastic pollution.
- On our natural places, wildlife and our own health.
- Every 8-10 minutes, At-least 4 garbage trucks worth of plastic get dumped into the ocean.
Did you know?
- Every year the world uses 500 Billion Plastic Bags.
- Each year, At least 8 Million Tonnes of Plastic end up in the oceans, The Equivalent of a full garbage truck every minute.
- We buy 1 Million Plastic Bollles every minute.
- Plastic makes up to 10% of all the waste we generate.
Bollywood’s contruibution to #BeatPlasticPollution.
- Indian Actor and UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- Actor Arjun Kapoor Alia Bhatt, Juhi Chawla and Badminton player Saina Nehwal have spoken out on using metal bottles instead of plastic bottles.
- Actor Divya Dutta pledges to clean Juhu beach in Mumbai.
As the world is gearing up to observe World Environment Day on June 5, celebrities around the globe are coming together to join their forces and spearhead some change, urging people to go green. With a moto of banning single-use plastic, joining hands with the United Nations, celebrities are showing how they’re making the switch from single-use plastic. But it doesn’t change much if only a few are doing it. Hence to let the campaign ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ thrive, they are also challenging three friends to do the same.