The Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of Teachers Day interacted live with millions of young students and teachers across the country – India. He spoke with the students and give his opinions about the importance of Education and how teaching and learning can benefit humans in day to day life.
Following are the important points which are very much beneficial for improving the standard of Education in India and also the students and teachers in many ways.:
- Why students don’t want to be Teachers : He shows that there is an urgent need of a good teacher in our country. Teaching profession is one of the best professions and our country can really achieve a lot if today’s teacher gives their best to clear the concepts of the child and develop his attitude towards the education. He also added that the teacher’s position to the students is like of parents.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that nation building should become a national movement and every individual should be associated with it.
- He said people who had achieved something in life and taken to a profession such as Doctors, Engineers, IAS Officers should teach students in a school for one period in a week.
- He has stressed on girls education. PM said an educated girl further educates at least two more families.
- He wanted the students to read as much as they can and if they get bore with the syllabus of their schools then read anything which the student has interest in. For ex.: Comic, Story books, biographies to explore about the lives of great people etc.
- Describing himself as a ‘taskmaster’, PM Modi said he worked hard and expected the same from others. He added he expected work to be completed on time.
- Apart from the curriculum development of the student the teacher and also the members (specially the parents) must think about the Skill Development of the Child.
- He also want the students to be responsible about the use of goods, electricity etc. which helps to stop the wastage and also want the students to love the nature and respect the country.
- Teacher must play an important role through a person’s life. A teacher-student relationship must always be nurtured. Such as the teacher be an idol or a hero for his/her student.
- PM Modi also said the students to Keep the child in you alive. Keep smiling and playing. This is the age of masti and having fun.